Education outside the EU/EEA

For doctors with a medical degree obtained in a country outside the EU/EEA complementary training is required to get a Swedish license to practice and a specialist qualification.

The Swedish National Board of Health and Welfare (Socialstyrelsen) is the competent authority and they are currently working on changing the rules.

For the time beeing we refer to Socialstyrelsen's information

Senast uppdaterad 2016-06-09
Swedish Medical Association:

Phone: +46 8 790 33 00